Monday, March 23, 2009

Weber World

I know it's been awhile since I updated the blog so I thought I'd post a quick message. Life has been chaotic since both Jason and I started working full time. The other night I sent him an e-mail with some things I needed to tell him (pretty crazy when you think I sleep next to him!). I work 6:30am-7:30pm and he works 3pm-11:30pm. I am now a full time oncology nurse, I kissed the float team goodbye. It has been a good change. The staff I get to work with is amazing and the patients and their families are inspiring. Really the only difficult part has been adjusting from working one or two days a week to working three and working every weekend. Jason is also working at Children's as an HVAC mechanic. Who would have thought that Marine Corps training in refridgeration would be our answer in a down economy. It has been an adjustment from the military world but he's handling it well. He is still in the process to be a cop. He was ranked number 28 out of 225. He did a psychological evaluation and a lie detector test. Now they're just doing the background check but we probably won't hear anything until early May. The boys are amazing. Chase is growing like a weed and getting more and more mobile by the day. He is definately ready for solid foods but I've decided to wait until he's 6 months (mostly because he's still my little baby! I can't believe it's time for that already!). We had a well check so I'll post more updates when I can load some pictures. Colby is also doing great. He doesn't walk anywhere anymore, he runs! He especially loves running down hills. He is also talking all the time and says a new word almost every other day. It's amazing! The house hunt continues. We've written offers on 6 homes and have yet to get one accepted. We're writing on homes that are bank owned and short sales so there is a lot of competition on them. Our most recent offer was on a home that had been on the market for three days and already had 4 offers. Despite offering more than asking price they did not accept it. We're just saying a lot of prayers and trying our best to be patient which has become increasingly hard to do. My card reader on my laptop broke so it's in California being repaired (it's been there for 2 weeks) they don't know how long it will take to get the parts in so I'm just waiting. As soon as I get it I'll update with pictures. That's what's happening in the Weber world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, you're boys are are absolutely adorable! It sounds like you are very busy Ms. Ashley! I wish we were still close by so I had someone to hang out with during the day! I'm so happy things are working out for you out there. Miss you guys!

Hayley Hatch said...

Hello! I am so happy to hear from you! I am excited to see pictures of the boys. I am sure they are changing so fast!