Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crisis!!!!

Colby was crawling and got ahead of himself in the kitchen. I was standing right above him when I heard a loud 'smack'. He started crying so I immediately picked him up and snuggled him. I didn't see any blood, no bumps or red marks and figured he'd just scared himself. He calmed down really quickly. A few minutes later he gave me a kiss and I felt something sharp. I was horrified to see a huge chip out of his left tooth and a small one out of his right. I started bawling. Jason swares I cried harder than Colby did! We are very lucky that it doesn't seem to have damaged the nerve (he hasn't been in any pain at all and eats like you'd never know anything happened). We are going to get him evaluated by a dentist this week. Of course...we didn't enroll Colby in dental (the thought never even crossed my mind) and now that Jason only has two months left in the Marine Corps we are ineligible to enroll him. We'll probably have to get a crown for his tooth which can be very expensive. Let this be a lesson to all of my friends who have young kids or are about to have kids be sure you get your child dental insurance, you never know if you might need it.

2 comments:

Hayley Hatch said...

Oh Ash! I am so sorry. My little brother did this once - he was swimming with his eyes closed and ran into the cement wall of the pool...I would never think to get dental insurance for someone who only has a couple of teeth, but I guess now I will look into it! p.s. Chase looks so cute in his tub picture. I can already tell he is going to be a very handsome boy - he looks like his Mama too!!!

RickandRagan said...

Ahh, poor little guy. He still seems his happy little self, though, so that's good! Let us know what the dentist says...