Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where it all began...

I was the first one out of my family to attend Chaparral and since I've been there, my cousin on my dad's side (Brittany) and my cousins on my mom's side (Sandi and Nikki) have gone there too. Now my cousin Nikki is finishing up her senior year and I couldn't be more proud of her. She had a cheerleading performance before her team headed of to nationals and I was lucky enough to get to see it. It was so weird to watch her perform, it feels like just yesterday that I was cheering at Chaparral and she was one of my 'students' at our mini-cheer camp.
Time sure does fly!


Me, Chase baby and Nikki

Nikki doing a backhandspring so I could test out my camera's shutter speed...I just love this picture of her. Her hair looks so cute! What an action shot!
Jason also went to Chaparral. We knew each other throughout but didn't start dating until our senior year. At homecoming we both went with other people but ended up dancing together (in the same place this picture was taken), who would have thought those moments would lead up to this one...and now we're a family of four!
Colby had to show off his walking skills to all the pretty cheerleaders...

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love when people post comments so I'll post another. I haven't been back to Chaparral since we graduated! Some day i'll have to make a trip, but it feels funny without a good excuse to do so.