Saturday, September 13, 2008

Homecoming Day...

Jase called me when the plane landed to tell me where to wait. We found the spot and just as we were getting settled we heard a bunch of the families talking about how it was probably going to be at least a few more hours. About 10 minutes later a van pulled up and two Marines got out. Stacey kept saying, " That one Marine really looks like Jason." I just kept telling her (and myself) that there was no way he would be one of the very first Marines out and that it must be an officer. No sooner did those words come out of my mouth than Jason dropped his bag and held out his arms like...are you going to come hug me or what?! I leaped off the wall (an amazing feat for someone who was 38 weeks pregnant) and hugged him as quick as I could. Stacey was holding Colby for me (I handed him to her while we were waiting because I can't hold him for long periods of time) and also trying to find the camera. We were not prepared for him to arrive so soon! I want to say a big thank you to Stacey for taking these pictures for us.

Our first family hug...

Ahhh...it feels so good to be a family again...
Jason's first up-close look at Colby, Colby was a little timid at first. I don't think he's ever seen his mom mom get so excited.
Checkin' out Daddy
He's wearing his shoes that match Jason's
You can't really see his shirt but it says, "My dad is my hero"
I love this picture, you can see how much Colby and Jason look alike. Colby is finally relaxing a little and enjoying the moment.
Testing out Daddy's hat...
A proud papa
Jason taking in our AMAZING sheet (thank you Sandi! As you can see we blew away the competition on the fence!)
I was so worried we would jinx ourselves and the baby would arrive before Jason did, thank you God for answering my prayers and giving our family a little time to adjust before the newest arrival!

2 comments:

Hayley Hatch said...

Okay, these totally made me cry! How precious Ashley! I am so happy for your little family!!!

Mary said...

So, I am so glad y'all are together again. I went through a bunch of posts to find the one with the good belly shot! Lookin' good!