Friday, September 19, 2008

Daddy Time

Jason's sign was definitely the biggest in the neighborhood (there was another guy from his platoon that had a poster board on his door but Jason had the only sheet!)
I didn't realize until the day was almost over that Jason and Colby were dressed exactly alike! Jase was getting dressed downstairs while I was putting Colby's clothes on upstairs, great minds think alike I guess!

Chillin' with Daddy on the couchPlaytime with Daddy, this was right when we got home from picking him up. As you can see...Colby warmed up to him right away and Jase slipped right back into Daddy role.
Jase only got one day off (isn't that crazy! After a 7 month deployment he still had to go into work on Monday morning). This was the night before, Colby was helping him roll his sleeves.If you click on this picture you can see Colby's HUGE smile. This is our backyard, we actually have a patio and a little yard. We are on the hunt for a grill. Reading the paper with Daddy...Jase couldn't even stand one day of being without technology. He felt so isolated from the world without internet and cable. He had to go out on his first morning home and buy a newspaper.As you can see from these pictures the boys have slipped right back into their roles and have been enjoying each other a lot. I didn't think Colby would remember Jason at all but after seeing the two of them together there is no mistaking it, Colby remembers him. Colby has warmed up to him so much that he amost always prefers to be held by Jase...unless he's hurt than it's mommy's turn to snuggle. Jase has picked up right where he left off and is an even better daddy than I could have hoped for Colby. He is so hands on and always willing to help. Things have been different for me since Jase has been home. I forgot how tall he is. It is nice to have someone around to talk to all the time and someone who is just as obsessed with Colby as I am. It is such a nice treat to not have to bring my wallet with me and know that Jase will take care of the bill and tip if we go out. I haven't had to take the trash out once since he's been home. He carries all the heavy stuff. It is so nice to know that if I hear something creepy in the night that he is right next to me and will investigate. I feel a whole new sense of security for both me and Colby now that he's back. It feels great to be a family again.

1 comment:

Veronica Bike said...

greetings from Argentina!!!!!