Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chasey's Tooth Injury

We are seem to have a hard time with front teeth in this family. First Bob (my grandmother) had her front teeth knocked out by the pump on a well, than I had a major mouth injury on the trampoline, earning myself a root canal at the ripe age of 11. Than my cousin Sandi injured her teeth in a bike accident. My brother Tyler broke his front tooth when he tripped and fell while trick or treating. My brother Daniel had his front tooth broken when it was hit by a bebe. Colby broke his when he face planted on our granite tile floors and now there is Chasey...
He decided it would be fun to ice skate in the shower (ie: stand on empty shampoo bottles and walk around on them, keep in mind he was in the shower with Colby and Jason at the time). He proceeded to do this and than fell, landing on the bench with his front teeth, pushing one of them clear up into his gums. 

This was the picture I emailed to our dentist (sad but true, I have his email address).  

Chasey was such a good sport, even helped to hold his lip up for the picture. We went to the dentist a few days later  and had it x-rayed. So far so good, it would come down with time....until months later he bumped it again while playing at monkey business. Now the tooth is darker than the others (a sign that the root has died). Jason keeps reminding me that these are just baby teeth. Needless to say, Tyce will be wearing a mouth guard as soon as he grows any teeth. And my fingers are crossed that we are done with the tooth injuries for the rest of our lives!!

No comments: