Saturday, July 9, 2011

Five Year Anniversary!

For our five year anniversary Jason surprised me with a special night on the town. It included staying at Hotel Teatro, where we spent our wedding night. 

Something our wedding suite did not offer was the amazing view...of the giant nose. Yes, here at this expensive hotel we look out to see beautiful Denver, Colorado and instead see a giant nose. Oh well! 


Five years since our wedding day and 10 years and 3 months since our first date. 

The hotel package came with dinner at our choice of two restaurants. At first we  decided to go to the more conservative restaurant, foods we recognized at prices we didn't choke on. We went to the restaurant, completely empty, no ambiance at all and within 5 minutes were regretting our decision. We developed this elaborate plan to tell the waitress that we had an emergency with the babysitter and had to leave. This involved a covert phone call and some acting in a very silent awkward situation...finally, we were out! We immediately ran around the corner and walked into the elaborate restaurant, laughing and feeling very certain we had pulled it off. 

Immediately upon entering the host said, "Welcome Mr and Mrs. Weber, is everything ok with your children?"

BUSTED!!!! We both were completely horrified to realize the restaurants are managed by the same person. 

We explained that we decided to really go out on the town and changed minds about which restaurant we wanted to eat at, they were completely understanding and teased us the rest of the night. 

This was super fancy food, Top Chef kind of food. And such a fun experience!

It reminded me of our honeymoon when we were in the Dominican and the food was so amazingly terrible we took pictures so we would remember how unappetizing it was. 

This food definitely looked and tasted more appetizing! And I'm happy to report we didn't get food poisoning like we did in the Dominican!

This got the Ashley stamp of approval!

This was a much better view than the giant nose, we got to see the Batmobile whiz by. 

My favorite...dessert!

Both choices were divine!

This is my kind of restaurant, they shmooze you with chocolate (delivering it with the bill) you can bet we left a good tip!
Overall it was an amazing evening. So incredible for Jason and I to get away from everything and really just enjoy being together. I know it will sound totally cheesy but everyday we are together I thank God that I got to marry my best friend. I'm happy to say, after 10 years of being together and 5 years of dating, he is still the person I lean on, the one I laugh with and the one I love to spend my time with. I also want to say a big thank you to my parents who kept the boys for us, had the restaurant staff knew they were at Suka and Poppa's house they never would have believed our babysitter emergency! The only emergency that happens when the boys are at their house is they don't want to come home!

No comments: