Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sage Canyon Elementary

We were surprised to hear that Colby was able to get into Sage Canyon Preschool. This is pretty amazing seeing as I turned in the paperwork 4 weeks before classes were to begin and all other schools had long waiting list and there was one spot left for Colby Joshua. I freaked out in the lobby of the early childhood education building. I turned in the paperwork to get Colby enrolled next year, I wasn't intending to get him into school this early! But God has a plan and I just trusted that he knows better than I do. As anyone that knows Colby knows...he is a cautious fella. The school teacher at Children's told me to take him to the play ground to get him comfortable with it before school started. This was our very first visit to the brand new playground (the school is brand new too and it is exactly 1/2 mile from our house!). Despite my begging him to get dressed in a cute outfit (I just knew there would be tons of new photo ops at the new school!) Colby insisted on wearing his pj's.

Colby is giving the new play ground his official seal of approval!

This is his expression as he's contemplating what I told him about going to school. He kept asking, "I'll go to school with mommy and Chasey?" and I kept telling him, "Mommy and Chasey will drop you off and come to get you after you've spent some time playing with your new friends." He wasn't sure what to make of all of that.

Chasey on the other hand was hoping I would leave him at Preschool today!

My little fearless leader, there is a reason we call Colby, cautious Colby and Chasey, Crazy Chasey!

After spending some time on the preschool playground the boys decided they wanted to check out the big kid playground. There is something so fun about some brand new playground equipment!


The playgrounds were awesome but it was the sports fields that got the boys really excited. They ran back and forth for almost an hour!




At one point Colby came sprinting up to me and with a concerned look on his face and a huge sense of urgency he said, "Mommy!!!!! We need a ball!" What was I thinking?! I should know by now that with two little boys I should have a ball with me at all times!

No comments: