Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's The Little Things...

Life is hectic, especially with two active little boys. But it is always exciting. The boys keep me on my toes and keep me humble, they always keep me laughing. Here are a few examples...
We were packing away Christmas lights (Jason finally braved getting on the roof to take them off). I was meticulously winding them up and placing them perfectly into the tupperware. I was winding the last of the strands and I turned to look into the box and there were my two little angels. Sitting in the box like it was placed there for them. Unwinding the lights with such enthusiasm it was as if I had designed a 'toy' for them to play with. I couldn't help but smile.
Or when Chasey toddled over to me to give me what I thought was a kiss...and bit my lip instead and than laughed with a belly chuckle.
Or when I announce it's bathtime and Colby asks if he can, "Hold the bubbles" and than spends at least a half an hour filling up the empty bubble container with water and saying, "Come bubbles" And than pouring it out and saying, "Yeah Bubbles!"
And when Colby lifted up his own shirt and said, "Goodbye clothes, hello button!" (referring to his belly button)
When I tell Colby that mommy needs to take a shower and he asks, his voice dripping with excitement, "Play hangers?!!!!" (Colby has been obsessed with hangers since he was 6 months old, for months I drove around with one in my car!)
Or how the boys spend HOURS climbing into the cabinets together, or playing hide and go seek in our closet behind the sweatshirts that are hanging on the lowest rod, Chasey still small enough that he is the height of the sweatshirt and Colby's little blonde head peeking out a bit.
Or when Jason asked Colby if he wanted to go bye bye and Colby responded, "Go to potle (ie: Chipotle) get something to eat!"
And when Chasey ran up to me in the kitchen yesterday announcing, "Thithy (how he says kitty) with a huge grin on his face pointing to a picture of a kitten in a book.
How Chasey thinks that anything that is round is a ball! He sees the potential for anything to be thrown, our little athlete!
How Colby asks me to sing Christmas songs and Bible songs all the time.
When Chasy lays his head down on my shoulder with his bear tucked under his arm, breathing on the inside of my neck with his little sighs.
How Colby has a name for all of his blankies, my favorite one being "toot".
When Colby says, "Goodnight Mommy, I lub you" as I'm tucking him in at night...

And...when he points to a 60 year old lady's picture in an obituary and announces proudly, "That's Mommy!"

Ahhhh...being a mom, that's what it's all about.

No comments: