Friday, November 27, 2009

Chasey is 14 Months Old!

I wanted to post an update on Chasey Bear before he turned 15 months old. I'll be adding pictures later. Here are a few things that are new and exciting with Chasey...
Motor - He is now attempting to WALK up and down stairs (something I find amazing since Colby rarely even tries that NOW!), he walks everywhere and doesn't crawl at all anymore. He can stand up on his own too. He has mastered crawling inside and out of the fisher price car and can also navigate his way into laundry baskets and tupperwares.
Speech - He uses a few signs (when he wants to, he is much more reluctant to sign than Colby was. At first I thought he didn't know them but usually he'll whine and when he doesn't get what he wants he'll start to frantically sign - that little booger) He knows so many words! I am floored everytime he says something. Colby was much older when he started to talk. I was holding Chase on Thanksgiving and heard him saying, "baba" and I thought it was just baby babbling until I looked at him and realized he was desperately reaching for his bottle. Now that I'm more aware of the fact that he CAN talk here are a few of the words he is saying...Mama, Dada, Baba, Nana (banana), Papa (something Jerry is VERY proud of), More, Moon, Eat, Hot. Here are a few of the signs he'll do (when HE wants to)...please, more, all done.
Likes - Chasey LOVES anything his brother is doing. They are a little tag team that now keep Jason and I VERY busy. His favorite thing to do right now is rip as many ornaments off of the tree as he can before I come stomping over to yell at him (and as soon as I do that he runs away as fast as he can, giggling while he goes! This is why we call him, little booger!) He loves playing with his cell phone (a demo model they gave to the boys while we were at Verizon the other day), he loves playing with the changers, opening drawers and climbing in (even drawers I would never think of him getting in to he'll try and cry when he can't get in), taking out all of the clothes from his dresser, dancing (he has some moves too! He'll do a head bob, a booty shake and even a pelvic thrust, I can't wait to get him into break dancing classes!), taking any empty bottle or cup and yelling into it to hear the echo, taking baths, reading stories (and unfortunately, tearing books, something we're having to work on). He loves to snuggle and just melts into me when I sing to him but he is still a very active and independent little boy. He is VERY loud (something I'll admit he gets from me!), he is outgoing and fearless. He is such a fun little boy who keeps us on our toes. He also loves his paci!
Food - He is a little bit of a picky eater. He gets thrown off by textures and likes whatever he's eating to all be the SAME texture (ie: no baked potato soup with chunks of potatoes in it, makes him gag when he gets a potato bite and he spits it right out), he loves grapes, crasins and bananas. Also loves cottage cheese, ice cream and cheerios. He doesn't like tomatoes (both of my boys hate them, I think they think they are going to taste sweet because they look like fruit and are totally grossed out when they don't). He loves milk. Nowadays we're going through about 2 1/2 gallons a week between the two boys. Thank you Royal Crest!!!
Size - He is wearing 12 month onsies, 18 month clothes and size 4 diapers (although we should probably move to 5's since we're starting to get a little plumbers crack!). He is probably around 27 or 28 pounds.

No comments: