Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chase is 4 Months Old!

I can't believe he is 4 months old already! Here are a few pictures...
Chase Baby Update...
Vital Info: He now weighs 19.4 pounds!!! Yup! He's sure a big boy. He wears size 3 or 4 diapers (lately we've just been putting him in 4's because that is what Colby wears and it just makes things easier). He wears 6-9 month clothes and 3-6 month onsies.
Motor Skills: He is pretty strong and can hold his own weight when you hold his hands out and help him stand. He has rolled over once but that was because I was tickling him, he hasn't done it since. He does squirm around a lot though. I notice now when I leave him on the floor to kick around he can spin himself around with his legs. He can sit up very briefly but only because he has such nice rolls to lean on. He loves the exersaucer and hop-and-pop but hasn't figured out the jumparoo yet. His fine motor skills are improving rapidly. Everything within reach goes into his mouth (something I am not used to because Colby never put anything in his mouth!). He is getting very good at reaching out and grabbing on to toys.
Sleep: He is a power napper. If he dozes off for 5 minutes and than wakes up he'll be up for 2 or 3 hours! He has gotten a little better at sleeping in his crib though, he'll usually stay there from 9:00-midnight after that it's hit or miss because I usually fall asleep with him. He usually wants to feed again at 2am and than 4 or 4:30am. He's usually up around 6 or so.
Eating: He is still a champion nurser (as evidenced by his LARGE size!). He doesn't nurse for comfort like Colby did though, he'll eat than get on with his day. And when I'm at work he takes a bottle really well for Jason, usually eating about 12 ounces in a day

3 comments:

RickandRagan said...

Wow, he is getting so big and so different from Colby. It is crazy how different your own kids can be from each other. They are both as cute as can be!!!

rameelin said...

Sometimes when reading your posts I cry just remembering the days that you explain like the one at the beginning of this post. I wouldnt trade being a mom for the world either, but the first few months of Braden's life were a crazy, out of control blur in my life. I am so proud of you guys when I see new pictures or hear updates! You're doing it and it IS hard! You're a great mom. Soon (very soon--probably too soon)...things will be easier and you'll be sleeping and breathing soundly! Sorry for the last few days. I truly do feel your pain.

Anna said...

Wow, what a rough couple of days. Hang in there, it can only get better, right? I love the pic of Chase sleeping in all those toys--so cute! I can't believe he's pushing 20 pounds--that is amazing. I can't wait to find out what Noah weighs when he gets his 9-month checkup this week. Love you girl! Hang in there!